Thursday, May 15, 2008

Feed Translator Gadget

I was going to wait a bit to post this, but I thought it would be good to put it up in conjunction with the Google Blog's announcement of 10 new languages in Google Translate.

This is a pretty simple Gadget. All it does is pull a few feeds, run it through the Google translation API, and display the results. I also pull out an image from each feed (if there is one) and show it to the side to give you a bit of a preview. Clicking the translated title will take you to the Google translated version of that post. Finally, you can click the .. next to the post to see the original, untranslated version.








I have no way to vouch for the translations, as my Spanish is very rusty (and I also have no idea of the example feeds I chose are good publications!). But several round robin translations worked fairly well. So, enjoy!

1 comment:

ClintJCL said...

I am reading this post with great interest, but for the life of me I don't see where your service is located, or where there is a link. I have a Spanish RSS feed I would like to translate to English. I thought I'd be able to do that here, but.... I can't figure this out. And I've been a computer person for 30 years.